Overview of WooCommerce + QuickBooks
Connect WooCommerce and QuickBooks Online to start syncing your daily sales transaction and managing settlements.
- On a daily basis, the integration will find and sync settlements deposited on the integrated payment gateway or nonintegrated payment gateway into QuickBooks Online generating an invoice.
- You can customise your preferred sales summary view choosing from a wide array of formats.
- Transformation to single invoice with sales information including seller fees, subscription, refunds, and shipping charges in the line items and no payment applied to the final invoice pushed to the accounting package.
- Easily match the outstanding invoices to the deposit. The outstanding amount of the invoice would be consistent with the deposited amount.
Before you start
- Sign up for a WooCommerce account and a QuickBooks Online account (if you haven’t already).
How to set up WooCommerce + QBO integration
- Register or sign in the Amaka dashboard to get started.
- Click the New integration button and select WooCommerce + QuickBooks Online from the integrations list to commence the setup.
- Sign in to your WooCommerce account by clicking the Connect new account button underneath WooCommerce logo. Follow the guided authentication process to grant all relevant permissions.
- You will need to ensure pretty permalinks are enabled in WooCommerce. Learn how to enable pretty permalinks in WooCommerce.
- You will need to confirm that your WooCommerce version is 5.8 or higher, and WordPress version is 4.4 or greater. See how to check your WooCommerce and WordPress version.
- Authenticate your QuickBooks Online account following the guided authentication process, then click Save + Continue.
- Follow the wizard to choose your preferred setup method, invoice breakdown, invoice format, mapping and scheduler options to complete the setup of the integration.
- Click Save + Continue to finish and activate the integration.
After completing the setup, the new integration will be listed on the app dashboard where you can edit it or start a new one.
Express setupEvery day, an invoice with your daily sales summary will be created into QuickBooks Online.
The integration will automatically map sales and payments from WooCommerce into QuickBooks Online by creating the following default accounts:Default accounts mapping
Transaction Type Mapping
|Transaction Type||Account Name||Account Type|
|Shipping/Delivery Fee Revenue||WooCommerce Shipping/Delivery Fee Revenue||Sales|
|Transaction Fees||WooCommerce Fees||Expense|
Advanced setupThe advanced setup will allow you to choose your own custom mapping in relation to sales and payments in WooCommerce.
Guided setupSchedule a call with one of our integration experts that will guide you through the setup. Schedule a call now
FAQ on how to set up WooCommerce + QuickBooks
The integration filters the accounts for each transaction and payment type. If you cannot find the account that you are trying to map, try checking the account category of the account. You can refer to default accounts mapping for the account categories appropriate to the transaction or payment type.
In case the account category is appropriate to the transaction you are trying to map, try checking the visibility of the account. You may need to tick the visibility for Sales, Other Payments and Other Receipts. Find out more.