Overview of Squarespace + QuickBooks
Connect Squarespace and QuickBooks Online to start syncing your daily sales transactions.
- Sales sync
- On a daily basis, the integration will sync a summary of your previous day’s sales data from Squarespace into QuickBooks Online generating an invoice.
- Map transactions to your preferred accounts from the chart of accounts.
- Capture all payment transactions including gift cards, tips, tax and payment fees.
- Easily reconcile deposits into the clearing accounts.
Before you start
- Sign up for a Squarespace account and a QuickBooks Online account (if you haven’t already).
How to set up Squarespace + QuickBooks integration
- Register or sign in the Amaka dashboard to get started.
- Click the New integration button and select Squarespace + QuickBooks Online from the integrations list to commence the setup.
- Sign in to your Squarespace account by clicking the Connect new account button underneath Squarespace logo. Follow the guided authentication process to grant all relevant permissions.
- Authenticate your QuickBooks Online account following the same procedure, then click Save + Continue.
- Follow the wizard to choose your preferred setup method, mapping and scheduler options to complete the setup of the integration.
- Click Save + Continue to finish and activate the integration.
After completing the setup, the new integration will be listed on the app dashboard where you can edit it or start a new one.
Express setupEvery day, an invoice with your daily sales summary will be created into QuickBooks Online.
The integration will automatically map sales and payments from Squarespace into QuickBooks Online by creating the following default accounts:Default accounts mapping
|Transaction Type||QuickBooks Online Account and Product Name||Account Type||Account Code|
|Shipping/Delivery Fees||Squarespace Shipping/Delivery Fees||Income||SS-2002|
|Shipping Delivery Fees Discounts||Squarespace Discounts||Income||SS-2001|
|Squarespace Fees||Squarespace Fees||Expense||SS-3000|
|Donations||Squarespace Donations||Other Current Liability||SS-8001|
|Payment Type||QuickBooks Online Account||Account Type||Account Code|
|Stripe||Squarespace Stripe Clearing||Other Current Asset||SS-6000|
|PayPal||Squarespace PayPal Clearing||Other Current Asset||SS-6001|
|Gift Card||Squarespace Sales||Income||SS-2000|
|All Other Payment Types||Squarespace Other Payment Clearing||Other Current Asset||SS-6002|
Tax account mapping (for US only)
Setting up with Express, Squarespace taxes are mapped to the preset account called Squarespace Collected Taxes. The total tax amounts for each tax rate are synced into separate line items and mapped to this current liability account.
|QuickBooks Online Account||Account Type||Account Code|
|Squarespace Collected Taxes||Account Type||SS-8002|