Overview of eBay + Xero integration
Connect eBay and Xero to start syncing your daily sales transactions.
- On a daily basis, the integration will find and sync settlements deposited on the integrated payment gateway or nonintegrated payment gateway into Xero generating an invoice.
- You can customise your preferred Invoice summary view by choosing from a wide array of formats.
- Transformation to single invoice with sales information including seller fees, subscription, refunds, and shipping charges in the line items and no payment applied to the final invoice pushed to the accounting package.
- Easily match the outstanding invoices to the deposit. The outstanding amount of the invoice would be consistent with the deposited amount.
How to set up eBay + Xero integration
Register or sign in to the Amaka dashboard to get started.
Click the New integration button and select eBay + Xero from the integrations list to commence the setup.
Sign in to your eBay account by clicking the Connect new account button underneath eBay logo. Follow the guided authentication process to grant all relevant permissions.
Authenticate your Xero account following the same procedure, then click Save + Continue.
Click Save + Continue to finish and activate the integration.
At the beginning of your setup wizard, you’ll be able to choose your preferred configuration method from the options listed below.
Every day, an invoice with your daily sales summary will be created in Xero.
The integration will automatically map sales and payments from eBay into Xero by creating the following default accounts:Default accounts mapping
|Transaction Type||Account Name||Account Type|
|Shipping/Delivery Fee Revenue||Shipping/Delivery Fee Revenue||Sales|
|Handling Fee Revenue||Handling Fee Revenue||Sales|
|Postage Labels||Postage Labels||Expense|
|Listing Fees||eBay Listing Fees||Expense|
|Monthly Fees||eBay Monthly Fees||Expense|
|Other Fees and Selling Costs||eBay Other Fees and Selling Costs||Expense|
|Reverse Chargebacks||eBay Reverse Chargebacks||Expense|
|Held Funds||eBay Held Funds||Current Assets|
|Balance Adjustments||eBay Balance Adjustments||Current Assets|
The advanced setup will allow you to choose your own custom mapping in relation to sales and payments in eBay.
Schedule a call with one of our Integration Specialists that will help you decide on the best configuration method for you and guide you through the setup.Schedule a call now
FAQ on how to set up eBay + Xero
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about this integration.
- Registered with eBay under the Australia website
- Listing under the Australian marketplace only and they can sell and ship the products worldwide.
- The default currency from both eBay and Xero must be the same
- Users should have Premium Account
The integration filters the accounts for each transaction and payment type. If you cannot find the account that you are trying to map, try checking the account category of the account. You can refer to default accounts mapping for the account categories appropriate to the transaction or payment type.
In case the account category is appropriate to the transaction you are trying to map, try checking the visibility of the account. You may need to tick the visibility for Sales, Other Payments and Other Receipts. Find out more.
In case you have revoked the access or changed credentials of an account used for an integration, you can easily reconnect it by expanding the options menu and clicking the Reconnect (or Edit) button in the Connected accounts page.