Overview of eBay + MYOB integration
Connect eBay and MYOB to start syncing your daily sales transaction and managing settlements.
- On a daily basis, the integration will find and sync settlements deposited on the integrated payment gateway or nonintegrated payment gateway into MYOB generating an invoice.
- You can customise your preferred sales summary view choosing from a wide array of formats.
- Transformation to single invoice with sales information including seller fees, subscription, refunds, and shipping charges in the line items and no payment applied to the final invoice pushed to the accounting package.
- Easily match the outstanding invoices to the deposit. The outstanding amount of the invoice would be consistent with the deposited amount.
Before you start
- Sign up for a eBay account and a MYOB account (if you haven’t already).
How to set up eBay + MYOB integration
- Register or sign in the Amaka dashboard to get started.
- Click the New integration button and select eBay + MYOB from the integrations list to commence the setup.
- Sign in to your eBay account by clicking the Connect new account button underneath eBay logo. Follow the guided authentication process to grant all relevant permissions.
- Authenticate your MYOB account following the same procedure, then click Save + Continue.
- Follow the wizard to choose your preferred setup method, invoice breakdown, invoice format, mapping and scheduler options to complete the setup of the integration.
- Click Save + Continue to finish and activate the integration.
After completing the setup, the new integration will be listed on the app dashboard where you can edit it or start a new one.
Express setupEvery day, an invoice with your daily sales summary will be created into MYOB.
The integration will automatically map sales and payments from eBay into MYOB by creating the following default accounts:Default accounts mapping
Transaction Type Mapping
|Transaction Type||Account Name||Account Type|
|Shipping/Delivery Fee Revenue||Shipping/Delivery Fee Revenue||Sales|
|Handling Fee Revenue||Handling Fee Revenue||Sales|
|Postage Labels||Postage Labels||Expense|
|Listing Fees||eBay Listing Fees||Expense|
|Transaction Fees||eBay Transaction Fees||Expense|
|Monthly Fees||eBay Monthly Fees||Expense|
|Other Fees and Selling Costs||eBay Other Fees and Selling Costs||Expense|
|Reverse Chargebacks||eBay Reverse Chargebacks||Expense|
|Held Funds||eBay Held Funds||Current Assets|
|Balance Adjustments||eBay Balance Adjustments||Current Assets|
Advanced setupThe advanced setup will allow you to choose your own custom mapping in relation to sales and payments in eBay.
Guided setupSchedule a call with one of our integration experts that will guide you through the setup. Schedule a call now
FAQ on how to set up eBay + MYOB
- Registered with eBay under the Australia website
- Listing under the Australian marketplace only and they can sell and ship the products worldwide.
- The default currency from both eBay and MYOB must be the same
- Users should have Premium Account
The integration filters the accounts for each transaction and payment type. If you cannot find the account that you are trying to map, try checking the account category of the account. You can refer to default accounts mapping for the account categories appropriate to the transaction or payment type.
In case the account category is appropriate to the transaction you are trying to map, try checking the visibility of the account. You may need to tick the visibility for Sales, Other Payments and Other Receipts. Find out more.