Connect Square and MYOB to start syncing your daily sales transactions.
- Sales and transfer sync
- On a daily basis, the integration will sync a summary of your previous day’s sales data from Square into MYOB AccountRight or Business (New Essentials) generating an invoice.
- You can customise your preferred sales summary view choosing from a wide array of formats.
- Capture all payment transactions including gift cards, tips, tax and payment fees.
- Easily reconcile Square sales and payments in MYOB.
Before you start
- Sign up for a Square account and a MYOB account (if you haven’t already).
How to setup the integration
- Register or sign in the Amaka dashboard to get started.
- Click the New integration button and select Square + MYOB from the integrations list to commence the setup.
- Sign in to your Square account by clicking the Connect new account button underneath Square logo. Follow the guided authentication process to grant all relevant permissions.
- Authenticate your MYOB account following the same procedure, then click Save + Continue.
- Follow the wizard to choose your preferred setup method, invoice breakdown, invoice format, mapping and scheduler options to complete the setup of the integration.
- Click Save + Continue to finish and activate the integration.
After completing the setup, the new integration will be listed on the app dashboard where you can edit it or start a new one.
If you have selected today’s date as your scheduled sync start date, your transactions will not appear in MYOB until tomorrow.
If you need assistance, you can close the wizard at any time and schedule a support session with one of our integration experts or contact your trusted accountant/bookkeeper for support. The integration will be saved as a DRAFT automatically.
Express setupEvery day, an invoice with your daily sales summary will be created into MYOB.
The integration will automatically map sales and payments from Square into MYOB by creating the following default accounts:Default accounts mapping
Scroll horizontally for more.
Order components mapping
|Order components||Default mappings||Valid account types|
|Sales||Square Sales||Income/Other Income|
|Discounts||Square Discounts||Income/Other Income|
|Shipping / Delivery Fee Revenue||Square Shipping / Delivery Fee Revenue||Income/Other Income|
|Shipping / Delivery Fee Revenue Discounts||Square Discounts||Income/Other Income|
|Service Charges||Square Service Charges||Income/Other Income|
|Surcharges||Square Surcharges||Income/Other Income|
|Tips||Square Tips||Other Current Liability/Other Liability|
|Square Gift Cards||Square Gift Cards||Other Current Liability/Other Liability|
|Adjustments||Square Sales||Income/Other Income|
Payout components mapping
|Payout components||Preset mappings||Valid account types|
|Square Fees||Square Fees||Expense/Other Expense|
|Third Party Fees||Square Third Party Fees||Expense/Other Expense|
|Square Balance Adjustments||Square Square Balance Adjustments||Cost of Sales/Expense/Other Current Asset|
|Chargebacks||Square Chargebacks||Expense/Other Expenes|
|Square Held Funds||Square Held Funds||Other Current Asset|
|Square Loan Payments||Square Loan Payments||Other Current Liability/Other Liability|
|Square Redemption Code Income||Square Redemption Code Income||Income/Other Income|
Payment types mapping
|Payment types||Preset mappings||Valid account types|
|Card payments||Square Balance||Mapping is disabled*|
|Wallet||Square Balance||Mapping is disabled*|
|AfterPay||Square Balance||Mapping is disabled*|
|ACH Payments||Square Balance||Mapping is disabled*|
|Cash||Square Cash Clearing||Other Current Asset|
|Square Gift Card||Square Gift Card||Other Current Liability/Other Liability|
|Exchange Credit||Square Exchange Credit||Other Current Liability/Other Liability|
|Third Party Cards||Square Other Payment Clearing||Other Current Asset|
|Other Payment Tyoes||Square Other Payment Clearing||Other Current Asset|
Advanced setupThe advanced setup will allow you to choose your own custom mapping in relation to sales and payments in Square.
Recommended for professional bookkeepers and accountants.
Guided setupSchedule a call with one of our integration experts that will guide you through the setup. Schedule a call now
Yes! Using our free integration, a summary of your previous day’s sales data is automatically synced from Squaare into MYOB as an invoice. This means you get perfectly reconciled accounts.
Thanks to our partnership with Square, this integration is entirely free of charge.
Of course! If you would like to request a walkthrough or discuss the capabilities of the integration in more detail, you may schedule a support session with one of our integration experts.
Sure, you can select the date that you wish the data to be synced from through the integration scheduler page.
In case you have revoked the access or changed credentials of an account used for an integration, you can easily reconnect it by expanding the options menu and clicking the Reconnect (or Edit) button in the Connected accounts page.
At any time, you can access your Amaka dashboard and disable an integration by either turning it OFF or deleting it entirely. You can follow the instructions here.