- You can break down your sales and map specific accounts to each product or category to get better insights into your business.
The integration can split the sales into multiple line items summarising each product or category total. Before you start, create the income or revenue accounts (if you haven’t already) that you wish to see in your reports. For example, you may want to create an account called Food Sales and another one for Beverage Sales.
Navigating the integration setup
View and edit your invoice format by following the steps below.
- Sign in to your Amaka integration account.
- Click the integration you would like to update and Edit.
- On the left navigation panel, click Features and select Advanced Features.
- Click Save + Continue.
- On the left navigation panel, click Settings and then Accounts.
- Scroll down and find the Invoice Format setting and then choose the Categorised format.
- Select a categorisation grouping and map revenue/income accounts for each product or category.
- If you do not wish to change the mapping, the default sales account previously selected will be used.
Note that the integration filters the accounts by type. Only account types suitable for each transaction type will be shown in the dropdown to reduce bookkeeping errors.