There are three main components that will be captured as part of the inventory module for the Shopify + MYOB integration:
- Product Variant Detail – Shopify
- Display name (product’s title + variant’s title)
- Items Creation and Details – MYOB
- COGS, Inventory, and Sales default account mapping (only during item creation)
- Item sales and buy default tax mapping (only during item creation)
- Item ID – SKUs in Shopify
- Stock Quantity
- Shopify – Source of Truth
- MYOB – Should always be equal with Shopify
Below are the data from Shopify that will be fetched by integration and will be synced in MYOB as an Item.
Product Variant Details:
- Title – The name of your product that you want to display to your customers.
- Description – The description of your product. Describe your products in detail to inform and persuade your potential customers.
- Price – The price that you’re charging for the product.
- Cost per item – How much it costs you for the product or variant.
- SKU (stock keeping unit) – The code that identifies the product within your business. For effective tracking and sales reporting, each SKU needs to be unique. SKUs Format should be unique and cannot be recycled to be used in another product.
Products are mapped using SKU Values provided in the Shopify Field (Stock Keeping Unit) and the MYOB Field (Item ID/Number). All SKU values from Shopify must be entered and unique across all product variants. In any case, the following will require the User to update the SKUs in Shopify:
- If the user requires/intends to use SKU Values in MYOB for Product Mapping
- If the user does not require or intend on using SKU Values within MYOB. However, Shopify Products have designated SKUs.
How to update Stock Keeping Unit (SKU):
- In your Shopify Admin, click Products.
- Search and select the product with the SKU you want to update.
- On the product page:
- If the product does not have any variants, locate the Inventory section and add the new SKU in the SKU field.
- If the product has variants, locate the Variants section and add the new SKU(s) to the SKU field(s).
- Click Save.